Grolloo Flute Sessions
We are preparing for Grolloo Flute Session 8 (2023) – a week of inspired music-making and vibrant exchange of ideas for advanced flute players in Grolloo, The Netherlands.
Save the date: 22th – 27th August 2023
We bereiden Grolloo Flute Session 8 (2023) voor. Een week vol met inspiratie en uitwisseling voor- en met gevorderde fluitisten en fluitstudenten.
Grolloo Flute Session 8 vindt plaats van 22 tot en met 27 augustus 2023
An impression of Grolloo Flute Sessions
Important program elements for the participants of Grolloo Flute Session 7 (2022):
- August, 2022
- 23 Tuesday (Day of Arrival)
- 24 Wednesday
- 25 Thursday
- 26 Friday
- 27 Saturday
- 28 Sunday
Matthias Ziegler, Ian Clarke and Wissam Boustany are presenting an innovative flute course, with the support of Kamelia Miladinova and Eva Kingma.
The Grolloo team places a high priority on creating a welcoming spirit of learning and sharing of ideas amongst all participants, irrespective of age or ability. Thus far, participants have come from across the world and have ranged from those about to start music college, graduates from leading musical institutions, to professional performers and teachers.
Participants will be discussing and experimenting many performance and practice issues in fully interactive discussions and workshops.
The course’s timing during late summer allows students and professionals to get back in shape ahead of the new musical season.
GrollooHoofdstraat 12, 9444 PB Grolloo,The Netherlands.
The event will be situated in the peaceful village of Grolloo, Drenthe. Grolloo is the birthplace of the Kingma system flutes.
Grolloo is part of the community of ‘Aa en Hunze’. Click here for an impression of the surroundings.
We recommend to book a place around the session location – we can guarantee a good selection of rooms and bed & breakfasts.
Please, book well in advance, there can be a problem with booking.
Please look for our lodging guide in the FAQ section.
- Travel tips:
- Nearest train station: Assen (13 km)
- Air: Amsterdam – Schiphol
- Rail Schiphol – Assen (1hr 54min)
- Car: Nearest highway exit (Exit Rolde) on the N33 (6 km)
- Where on earth: 52°56’09.5″N 6°40’21.3″E
- Click here for maps and details.
All necessary information about the upcoming events
- Where is the event?
- The course will take place in the village of Grolloo, in The Netherlands. We have several places to stay: cheap and more luxurious, on a short distance of the event. More details on this page
- How many places are available?
- There is place for between active 15 en 25 participants. In the event that less than active 15 participants apply, we reserve the right to cancel the course and will refund everyone in full.
- Can I participate as a listener?
- Yes! You can. If you want to participate as a listener(auditor), the cost will be 455 Euro (lunches and dinner included). You will be able to join the workshops, concerts and social events.
- Conditions and cancellations
- ‘Stichting Grolloo Flute Sessions’ is a non-profit organisation. We are registered as such at the Dutch Chamber of Commerce under number 62616951. We are thankfully receiving some financial support from our Sponsors.
Terms of payment: When cancellations are received before 31st July – deposit forfeited. Cancellations received after 1st August – full course fee forfeited.
In the event that less than 15 participants apply, we reserve the right to cancel the course and will refund everyone in full.
- Where can I stay?
- There are many places where you can stay. We have excellent bed & breakfast opportunities in or near Grolloo for 30-35 Euros per night. You can even stay at a luxurious holiday park at 5 km distance (with swimming pool and sauna). Let us know if you’re on a tight budget, some of our friends and neighbours offer free lodging.Look here for some addresses and here for locations.
- What level of flute playing should I have?
- The Grolloo team places a high priority on creating a welcoming spirit of learning and sharing of ideas amongst all participants, irrespective of age* or ability. Thus far, participants have come from across the world and have ranged from those about to start music college, graduates from leading musical institutions to professional performers and teachers. If you are in any doubt about whether you think you are of the appropriate ability, then please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Auditors of course do not have playing requirements.
Please, send a link to an audio or video recording (WeTransfer, Dropbox, Google Drive or similar) you would like to submit or send a letter of reference from your teacher.
You are encouraged to choose your own repertoire, according to your individual interests and needs – perhaps Grolloo can help you prepare for pending concerts, recordings, auditions, or any specific aspects of your playing that you would like to develop. We suggest that you aim to balance your repertoire between one traditional piece and one contemporary piece, if possible. If you are having difficulty deciding on repertoire, you are welcome to get in touch and discuss options with the teachers you are intending to play for.
*Please note that players below the age of 17 may be asked to bring a chaperone.
- What is the price?
- The course fee for 2022 was €825, which entitled you to private lessons and participate in all the sessions and concerts, 1-to-1 coaching (if applicable), study material, social events. Lunches, dinner and welcome party are included.
The fee for auditors was €455 (meals included). Auditors are entitled to attend all the sessions and concerts. Auditors can participate in some performances and rehearsals.
Not included are: travel expenses, breakfast and lodging.
Ask us for an attractive offer for other combinations: (particpant + auditor, a group of three, etc.)
- Payment of your participation fees in Euros by bank transfer.
Our Bank details:
RABO Bank, Neptunusplein 2, 9401 CZ Assen, Netherlands
SWIFT(BIC) code: RABONL2U
Grolloo Flute Sessions
Hoofdstraat 12, 9444 PB Grolloo, Netherlands
IBAN code: NL77RABO0302372113
Note:’NL’ and ‘RABO’ are Capital letters, the other symbols are numbers.